What Size Comes Next?

OK, so I went to Target yesterday to buy a few cheap bras for my ginormous boobs. I bought three bras sized 36DD (I used to be a 36D). And yes, my divatudinous self was surprised to discover that there was such a thing as a $12 bra. (I know, I know, I am a terrible diva.)

Today I put on this 36DD and find that the boobages are barely contained in these cups. What the heck is this? I expected a lot more room, but as AdoringHusband said, “You’re barely in there. At least you aren’t popping out of the bottom any more.”

The sad part is that I don’t even know what size comes next. Is it a DDD or is there an E or an F? Good lord, how big are the ta-tas going to get? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 Responses to “What Size Comes Next?”

1. Flicka says:

I’m a diva about my bras, too. I’ve never been able to find anything outside of VS that fits. Bra shopping at WalMa.rt is my idea of a nightmare.

Good luck with the next size up!

2. Ravenbajan says:

I went from a B to a DD when I had my daughter. Thankfully they shrunk back after breastfeeding was over. That was quite a jump for me!

No idea what size comes next, but make sure you get something comfortable!

3. Linda says:

Honey–it gets worse. I’m the not-so-proud new owner of an E! And I’m a usual 36C. See if you can find a “nursing boutique” near you. They will have not only nursing bras but maternity bras that are non-wire and comfy with room to grow.
    I wore mine out of the store, put my nice Maidenform in my purse.

4. sherri says:

Hi There,

This may sound silly — BUT I know you were going to a trainer and working out. If you want to help yourself look about 10 lbs thinner while you are working on it, get yourself fit in a relly good bra. Victoria Secret is NOT a good bra and the ones at Target aren’t either ( especially if you are larger than a B cup). I work for a manufacturer and would be happy to send you soe reccomendations via email ( don’t want to use your blog as an ad). The key is to get FIT bt a person that knows what they are doing.
    You know, actually, I see you a link that has a video that shows what I mean. ;-)

5. Julie says:

Sorry babe – you can’t use Targ*t & Diva in the same sentence – especially when referring to clothing.

You get what you pay for. You are probably still a DD but the cheap bra is cut smaller. Keep your eyes on Macy’s – when they have their bra sales and Wacol goes on sale – get those. They fit – feel good – wash well and keep the boobies nice and high and contained.

Oh, and they do make a DDD.

There is a store on my side of the bridge that has magnificant bras, not cheap but beautiful ($35-75 range). Nice thing is – they fit you (so at least you get felt up as well as a pretty, good fitting bra).

6. ksmaybe says:

I think that a DD=E, DDD=F, etc. Different manufacturers handle sizes differently after D, european vs. american, etc. I would second the recommendation to get a proper fitting at a department store or lingerie store. I have never been as comfortable as after being properly fitted. You can take that info and hit the clearance racks to save.

7. sherri says:

I’d say try LeMystere. I think they are awesome and I’m a DDD/F cup

8. chris says:

there are all sorts of sizes after DD. most women wear too large of a band because they can’t find a large enough cup in the local store. there’s F, G, H, I, J, … all the weay up to N cup available on the web. I had a friend who had been wearing 42DD and F when she could find it. After I measured her properly, she’s a 36J. We find them on the internet, on ebay, etc. So….if the band isn’t very snug (and it should be, that’s where the support should be, not the shoulder straps) find yourself a 34 G on the web and see how that fits. (cups are smaller with a smaller band…so a 36DD is a larger cup volume than a 34 DD